The kit comes with the following items:
1 conductive Earthing Half Sheet (half-sheet measuring 120" by approximately 36") with straight 15-foot (4.57 m) Earthing cord
1 conductive Earthing universal mat (10 x 27-inch/25 x 69 cm) with a 15-foot straight Earthing cord
1 outlet checker
1 Earthing product conductivity tester with cord and splitter plug
1 ground rod with attached 40-foot (12.2 m) cord
1 complimentary Earthing book
1 user’s guide
Directions for use and care
Before using your Earthing sheet or mat, test your nearest wall electrical outlet to see if it is grounded. If you do not have grounded outlets, you will have to use an Earthing ground rod.
How to set up your Earthing half-sheet
1. Place the half-sheet across width or length of the bed, over the bottom sheet, so that when you lie down you make bare skin contact with the half-sheet. Any part of your body will work. Many people place it across width of the bed, at the foot end, so that the lower legs and/or feet make contact.
2. Insert one end of Earthing cord into ground port of a properly grounded wall outlet (third hole) or connect to the cord of an Earthing ground rod placed in the Earth outside.
3. Snap other end of Earthing cord onto half-sheet.
4. Tuck loose ends under mattress.
How to set up your Earthing mat
Unlike the mat sold as separate item elsewhere on this website, the starter kit mat does not come with conductive fabric sleeve.
1. Attach snap end of Earthing cord to snap nub on mat.
2. Insert prong end of Earthing cord into ground port (third hole) of nearest grounded wall outlet, or into Earthing ground rod cord if you use a ground rod connection.
Test your half-sheet and mat with the conductivity tester
The purpose of the tester is to verify that your Earthing sheet and mat are conductive. It contains two replaceable batteries.
1. Insert prong end of the plastic splitter into grounded outlet or ground rod cord.
2. Plug Earthing cord from sheet or mat into one of the two splitter receptacle ends.
3. Insert prong end of tester cord into the other splitter receptacle.
4. Place product tester flat on the sheet or mat. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of sheet or mat. Press firmly on the sheet to obtain a good contact. A green light means that sheet or mat is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on, the sheet or mat may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced.
Sometimes, people have difficulty testing their sheets. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand on the sheet while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the sheet. Make sure that both the tester and the sheet are plugged in to the ground, as described above.
The reason for perhaps the light not going on: you aren't pressing hard enough on the tester. The surface fabric of the sheet sometimes prevents the button from contacting the conductive silver fibers of the sheet. The surface seems smooth, but if you were to look at it with a microscope you would see "hills and valleys."
The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button, will bend around fibers and make good contact. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect splitter from the ground connection. Disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from sheet or mat into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your sheet or mat often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.
How to care for your Earthing half-sheet
The half-sheet may be machine washed using warm setting, approximately 105 degrees Fahrenheit (40 celsius). Tumble dry using medium setting, up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65 Celsius). Do not use chlorine bleach or liquid fabric softener, or any detergent containing bleach or fabric softener, chemicals that can ruin the conductivity of your sheet. Do not dry clean your sheet. When necessary, use hydrogen peroxide-based non-bleach to remove stains and/or to whiten. Do not apply lotions, creams, or oils to the skin before bedtime on parts of your body that will be in contact with the Earthing sheet. Such substances oxidize and can damage conductivity.
How to care for your Earthing mat
Use water and any mild soap to periodically clean mat.