The Ground Therapy Large Sleep Mat Kit covers the surface area of a queen-sized mattress, with straps that stretch to fit any larger sized bed. Made using our thin, perforated and 100% conductive carbon tech material. Secure the mat to your mattress, plug into your grounded outlet, and sleep like never before in a deep, grounded rest..
The thin black conductive material that your body makes contact with. It is made of PU (Polyurethane) resin. Leather look-alike items made with polyurethane (PU) are very consumer friendly and safe unlike older PVC leathers. Our PU Leather is vinyl free, and platelet free.
The thin black layer of PU leather is infused with conductive carbon pigment for the conductive top layer. Carbon is the 2nd most abundant element in the human body after oxygen. The carbon is what conducts the earths energy. It also makes the leather flame resistant naturally without the use of harsh flame resistant chemicals. The PU Leather would not be conductive without the addition of carbon.
We’ve sourced eco-friendly and non-toxic materials to provide our customers with a safe and premium quality grounding product.
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Earthing product, you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Earthing product, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Earthing product.
Any other light combination means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. Try testing another outlet. If it still doesn’t work, then you will need to use a grounding rod in the optional step 2.
Step 2: (Optional) Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren't Grounded
1. First Push the Ground Rod directly into the earth(8" to 10") close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Ground Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your product.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Plug the prong end of your cord into the receptical end of the Ground Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, such as a desert, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Setting Up The Ground Therapy Sleep Mat
1. Place the Ground Therapy Sleep Mat on your mattress.
2. Pull the straps under each side of the mattress, pull the sleep mat tight to smooth any wrinkles.
3. Attach snap end of Earthing cord to snap nub on mat, located near the Ground Therapy label.
4. Insert prong end of Earthing cord into ground port (third hole) of nearest grounded electrical outlet on wall, or into Earthing ground rod cord if you use a ground rod connection.
4. The top of the mat (the side with the label) is the conductive side. The Earth’s energy is transferred best when your bare skin is in contact with the pad, can also be used with a fitted sheet. It just takes several minutes to make the connection.
Step 4: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester
Not All Products Come Standard With a Continuity Tester.
The purpose of the tester is to verify that your Earthing Mat is conductive. It contains two replaceable batteries.
1. Insert prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or ground rod cord.
2. Plug Earthing cord from mat into one of the two splitter receptacle ends.
3. Insert prong end of tester cord into the other splitter receptacle.
4. Place product tester flat on the mat. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of mat. Press firmly on the mat to obtain a good contact. A green light means that mat is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on, the mat may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced. Sometimes, people have difficulty testing their mat. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand on the mat while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the mat. Make sure that both the tester and the mat are plugged in to the ground, as described above. The reason for perhaps the light not going on: you aren't pressing hard enough on the tester. The surface fabric of the mat sometimes prevents the button from contacting the conductive fibers of the mat. The surface seems smooth, but if you were to look at it with a microscope you would see "hills and valleys." The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button, will bend around fibers and make good contact. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from sheet into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your mat often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.
Step 6: How To Wash and Care For Your Earthing Office Chair Mat
Wipe down your Ground Therapy Sleep Mat using soap and a damp
or wet cloth or sponge. Do not use any house hold products like furniture polish or Armor All®
as it will cause the mat to lose conductivity.