Step 1: How To Get Started
In order to use your Earthing Body Band, you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Body Band, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker, supplied.
Step 2: Test Your Outlet
Plug the included outlet checker into your 3 prong wall outlet.
2 AMBER LIGHTS illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Earthing product.
OTHER LIGHT COMBINATIONS means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. Try testing another outlet. If it still doesn’t work, then you will need to use a grounding rod. You can order one here at Earthing.com.
Step 3: (Optional) Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren't Grounded
First Push the Ground Rod directly into the earth (8" to 10") close to the foundation of the building. If you live in a dry area, such as a desert, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Run the cord from the Ground Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your product.
Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
Plug the prong end of your cord into the receptacle end of the Ground Rod cord. Connect the Ground Rod to the Body Band.
Step 4: Using Your Body Band
1. The Body Band can be put on or around your head, arm, or thigh.
2. You must make direct skin contact with Body Band.
Step 5: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester
This product does not include a Continuity Tester but it may be purchased on this website.
The purpose of the tester is to verify that your Body Band is conductive. It contains two replaceable batteries.
1. Insert prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or ground rod cord.
2. Plug Earthing cord from the Body Band into one of the two splitter receptacle ends.
3. Insert prong end of tester cord into the other splitter receptacle.
4. Place product tester flat on the product's conductive side. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of the conductive inside of the Body Band. The other side is not conductive. Press firmly to obtain a good contact. A green light means that the Body Band is in working order. In the unlikely case that no green light comes on, the Body Band may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced. Sometimes, people have difficulty testing their wearable. If the light doesn’t come on, try this simple approach: Place one hand on the inside of the wearable while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the wearable. Make sure that both the tester and the wearable are plugged in to the ground, as described above. The reason the light may not be going on is that you aren't pressing hard enough on the tester. The surface fabric of the Body Band sometimes prevents the button from contacting the conductive fibers of the wearable. The surface seems smooth, but if you were to look at it with a microscope you would see "hills and valleys." The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button, will bend around fibers and make good contact. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect the splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from the Body Band into the ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your wearable very often. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.
Step 6: Care Instructions
Preferred cleaning method is to hand wash with mild detergent as needed. Dry on Low heat in a dryer or air dry.
The conductive fiber is silver. Do not bleach. Do not use fabric softener. Do not use oxidizing cleaners.
Never wash the coil cord.
Don't wash with bleach or fabric softeners.
Don’t use whitening detergents, oxi-detergents OR detergents with oils like lavender or coconut oil.
Don't use dryer sheets.
Absolutely No Dry Cleaning.
Bleach, body lotions and oils can tarnish the silver thread rendering it non conductive. Fabric softener builds up on the silver and also ruins its conductive properties.
It is advised to wait one hour to use the product after applying lotion to the skin. Iron using low heat.