Other top rated products
- Earthing Wearable's Kit0 star rating(0)
- Ground Therapy Patch Kit - 900 star rating(0)
- Universal Mat Kit Bundle0 star rating(0)
- Ground Therapy Pillow Cover Kit0 star rating(0)
- Ground Therapy Sleep Mat Kit...0 star rating(0)
- Ground Therapy Double Sleep Mat Kit0 star rating(0)
- Earthing Large Wearable Band0 star rating(0)
- Earthing Grounded Band Small0 star rating(0)
- Questions (10)
Additional information :
Do you have to be concerned about being hit by lightning during a thunderstorm if you are grounded in your home?
Lightning is a massive natural phenomenon that is unpredictable and challenging to totally protect against. It is poorly understood. Homes are rarely hit by lightning. When this happens, the lightning usually takes the path of least resistance to the ground, such as large conductive systems like the plumbing pipes, electrical wiring network, or telephone and cable TV lines, all of which are directly grounded to the Earth.
The U.S. National Safety Council reports that your odds of dying from a lightning strike during a lifetime is 1 in 114,000, and near the bottom of a list of multiple causes for death including heart disease and cancer (1:7), assault by a firearm (1:106), and automobile accidents (1:108).This information suggests that being hit by lightning is rather unlikely. However, follow standard lightning safety guidelines as directed by the U.S. National Weather Service or the weather authorities in your country if you live in a lightning-prone area. Disconnect your Earthing device and don’t use it during lightning and thunderstorms.
1. How impervious is the mat surface to moisture from sweat?
2. May it be cleaned with a disinfectant or does it require a special cleaner?
This is a wonderful idea! It is pretty durable, however if exposed to excessive moisture the mat may begin to peel from the foam backing in time. Has the sticky mat been seen? It may work a bit better/ last longer for this purpose: earthing.com/collections/everyday-use-kits/products/earthing-office-chair-mat-kit
Either the Universal mat or the sticky mat can be cleaned easily by wiping down with a cloth dampened in warm soapy water, and to use antibiotic soap will work fine as well.