The Earthing® Socks, Knee Bands and Wrist Bands can be used anywhere you stretch, do yoga, sit, relax or sleep
85% Nylon 15% Conductive Silver Fiber
Step 1: How To Get Started
In order to use your Earthing Wearables, you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Wearable, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet check, supplied.
Step 2: Test Your Outlet
In order to use your Wearable, you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging it in, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
2 AMBER LIGHTS illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Earthing product.
OTHER LIGHT COMBINATIONS means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. Try testing another outlet. If it still doesn’t work, then you will need to use a grounding rod. You can order one at Earthing.com.
Step 3: (Optional) Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren't Grounded
First Push the Ground Rod directly into the earth(8" to 10") close to the foundation of the building.
Run the cord from the Ground Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your product.
Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
Plug the prong end of your cord into the receptacle end of the Ground Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, such as a desert, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 4: Using Your Wearables
1. The wearables can be put on or around your knee,wrist, or foot.
2. Snap the cord onto the Wearable connection tab.
3. Insert the end of your Earthing Cord into the 3rd hole of a grounded wall outlet.
4. You must make direct skin contact with Wearable.
Step 5: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester
Not All Products Come Standard With a Continuity Tester.
The purpose of the tester is to verify that your Wearable is conductive. It contains two replaceable batteries.
1. Insert prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or ground rod cord.
2. Plug Earthing cord from Wearable into one of the two splitter receptacle ends.
3. Insert prong end of tester cord into the other splitter receptacle.
4. Place product tester flat on the products conductive side. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of the conductive inside of the Wearable . The other side is not conductive. Press firmly to obtain a good contact. A green light means that Wearable is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on, the Wearable may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced. Sometimes, people have difficulty testing their wearable. If the light doesn’t come on, try this simple approach. Place one hand on the inside of the wearable while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the wearable. Make sure that both the tester and the wearable are plugged in to the ground, as described above. The reason for perhaps the light not going on: you aren't pressing hard enough on the tester. The surface fabric of the wearable sometimes prevents the button from contacting the conductive fibers of the wearable. The surface seems smooth, but if you were to look at it with a microscope you would see "hills and valleys." The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button, will bend around fibers and make good contact. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from wearable into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your wearable often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.
Step 6: Care Instructions
Preferred cleaning method is to hand wash with mild detergent as needed. Dry on Low heat in a dryer or air dry
The conductive fiber is silver. Do not bleach Do not use fabric softener Do not use oxidizing cleaners If machine washing is necessary it is advised to use a small garment bag.
Never wash the Earthing cord.
Don't wash with bleach or fabric softeners
Don’t use whitening detergents, oxi-detergents OR detergents with oils like lavender or coconut oil
Don't use dryer sheets
Absolutely No Dry Cleaning
Bleach, body lotions and oils can tarnish the silver thread rendering it non conductive. Fabric softener builds up on the silver and also ruins its conductive properties.
It is advised to wait one hour to use the product after applying lotion to the skin. Iron using low heat.