Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Earthing product, you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Earthing product, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Earthing product.
Any other light combination means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. Try testing another outlet. If it still doesn’t work, then you will need to use a grounding rod in the optional step 2.
Step 2: (Optional) Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren't Grounded
1. First Push the Ground Rod directly into the earth(8" to 10") close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Ground Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your product.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Plug the prong end of your cord into the receptical end of the Ground Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, such as a desert, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Setting Up The Office Chair Mat
1. The Office Chair Mat has an adhesive back with peel away paper to adhere to a carpet protecting mat.
2. To attach Office Chair Mat, peel two inches of the paper slowly back. Start applying the adhesive side to the existing floor protector. Press down the first two
inches that have been peeled away and continue to slowly pull the backing paper off to expose the adhesive backing. Using one hand, slowly pull back the paper and
use the other hand to continue pressing the adhesive side against the floor mat until the entire Office Chair Mat adheres.
3. Attach snap end of Earthing cord to snap nub on mat.
4. Insert prong end of Earthing cord into ground port (third hole) of nearest grounded electrical outlet on wall, or into Earthing ground rod cord if you use a ground rod connection.
4. The non-sticky side of the Office Chair Mat is conductive. The Earth’s energy is transferred best when your bare skin is in contact with the pad, can
also be used with socks. It just takes several minutes to make the connection.
Step 4: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester
Not All Products Come Standard With a Continutiy Tester. (Purchase The Tester Here)
The purpose of the tester is to verify that your Earthing Mat is conductive. It contains two replaceable batteries.
1. Insert prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or ground rod cord.
2. Plug Earthing cord from mat into one of the two splitter receptacle ends.
3. Insert prong end of tester cord into the other splitter receptacle.
4. Place product tester flat on the mat. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of mat. Press firmly on the mat to obtain a good contact. A green light means that mat is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on, the mat may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced. Sometimes, people have difficulty testing their mat. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand on the mat while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the mat. Make sure that both the tester and the mat are plugged in to the ground, as described above. The reason for perhaps the light not going on: you aren't pressing hard enough on the tester. The surface fabric of the mat sometimes prevents the button from contacting the conductive fibers of the mat. The surface seems smooth, but if you were to look at it with a microscope you would see "hills and valleys." The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button, will bend around fibers and make good contact. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from sheet into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your mat often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.
Step 6: How To Wash and Care For Your Earthing Office Chair Mat
Wipe down your Office Chair Mat using soap and a damp
or wet cloth or sponge. Do not use any house hold products like furniture polish or Armor All®
as it will cause the mat to lose conductivity.