The New Ground Therapy Throw is the same plush cotton conductive semi-blanket/ suede semi-sheet you know and love, now in a larger size for maximum comfort!
Fiber Content: 29.5% Organic Cotton, 68.5% Polyester, 2% Silver
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Earthing product, you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Earthing product, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Earthing product.
Any other light combination means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. Try testing another outlet. If it still doesn’t work, then you will need to use a grounding rod in the optional step 2.
Step 2: (Optional) Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren't Grounded
1. First Push the Ground Rod directly into the earth(8" to 10") close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Ground Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your product.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Plug the prong end of your cord into the receptacle end of the Ground Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, such as a desert, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Setting Up The Throw
1.The Earthing throw is quite portable and can be used in a variety of locations. Just remember that only one side of the throw is conductive and not the other. Make sure you have direct bare skin contact with the side of the throw that shows the parallel rows of silver fiber stitching and the word “Earthing.”
2. Some people use the throw in bed as a half-sheet. It that’s how you use it, place it over the bottom sheet and tuck in the ends under the mattress. You must have bare skin contact with the conductive side. Similarly if you use it as a wrap-around while seated, make sure the conductive side has some contact with your bare skin.
3. Insert one end of Earthing cord into ground port of a properly grounded wall outlet (third hole) or connect to cord of an Earthing ground rod placed in the Earth outside.
4. Snap other end of Earthing cord onto the receptor tab of the throw.
Step 4: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester
Not All Products Come Standard With a Continuity Tester.
The purpose of the tester is to verify that your Earthing sheet is conductive. It contains two replaceable batteries.
1. Insert Safe T Cube into grounded outlet or ground rod cord.
2. Plug Earthing cord from mat into one of the two Safe T Cube Ports.
3. Insert prong end of tester cord into the other Safe T Cube port.
4. Place product tester flat on the mat. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of sheet. Press firmly on the sheet to obtain a good contact. A green light means that mat is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on, the mat may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced. Sometimes, people have difficulty testing their sheet. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand on the sheet while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the sheet. Make sure that both the tester and the sheet are plugged in to the ground, as described above. The reason for perhaps the light not going on: you aren't pressing hard enough on the tester. The surface fabric of the sheet sometimes prevents the button from contacting the conductive fibers of the sheet. The surface seems smooth, but if you were to look at it with a microscope you would see "hills and valleys." The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button, will bend around fibers and make good contact. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect tester from the ground connection, then disconnect the tester cord from the Safe T Cube.
6. You don’t have to test your sheet often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.
Step 5: Care Instructions
It is good to wash your Earthing® product. It will not be harmed by washing, in fact it is beneficial. Washing in warm water strips body sweat and natural skin oils from the silver keeping it conductive.
Bleach, body lotions and oils can tarnish the silver thread rendering it non conductive. Fabric softener builds up on the silver and alsoruins its conductive properties.
It is advised to wait one hour to use the product after applying lotion to the skin. Iron using low heat.