The Earthing Throw is a plush cotton conductive semi-blanket/ suede to wrap you in grounded comfort.
Please Note: Only touching the side with the silver threads will ground you. Touching the suede side will not.
- 1 Earthing Throw (Dimensions: 44"x68")
- 1 Coil Cord
- 1 U.S. Outlet Checker
- 1 U.S. Safety Adapter
All Earthing product kits include a FREE copy of the book Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever. (One free book per order.)
*If you live outside the United States, please visit our Accessories page and add an Outlet Checker and Safety Adapter for your specific country to your order AND/OR add a Ground Rod to your order.
Fiber Content: 29.5% Organic Cotton, 68.5% Polyester (Faux Suede), 2% Silver
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Earthing product, you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Earthing product, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Earthing product.
Any other light combination means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. Try testing another outlet. If it still doesn’t work, then you will need to use a Grounding rod.
Step 2: (Optional) Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren't Grounded
1. First Push the Ground Rod directly into the earth (8" to 10") close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Ground Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your product.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Plug the prong end of your cord into the receptacle end of the Ground Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, such as a desert, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Setting Up The Throw
1. The Earthing Throw is quite portable and can be used in a variety of locations. Just remember that only one side of the Throw is conductive and not the other. Make sure you have direct bare skin contact with the side of the Throw that shows the parallel rows of silver fiber stitching and the word “Earthing.”
2. Some people use the Throw in bed as a half-sheet. If that’s how you use it, place it over the bottom sheet and tuck in the ends under the mattress. You must have bare skin contact with the conductive side. Similarly if you use it as a wrap-around while seated, make sure the conductive side has some contact with your bare skin.
3. Insert one end of the Coil Cord into ground port of a properly grounded wall outlet (third hole) or connect to cord of an Earthing Ground Rod placed in the Earth outside.
4. Snap other end of Coil Cord onto the receptor tab of the throw.
Step 4: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester
Not included in the kit. Available for purchase on this website.
The purpose of the tester is to verify that your Earthing Throw is conductive. We recommend testing it each time you clean it.
Step 5: Care Instructions
It is good to wash your Earthing® product. It will not be harmed by washing, in fact it is beneficial. Washing in warm water strips body sweat and natural skin oils from the silver keeping it conductive.
- Wash a minimum of 2x per month or weekly
- Wash in a washing machine
- Wash with warm water, approximately 105 degrees Fahrenheit (40 celsius).
- Dry in a dryer on low or line dry
- Don’t wash with bleach or fabric softeners
- Don’t use whitening detergents, oxi-detergents OR detergents with oils like lavender or coconut oil
- Don’t use dryer sheet fabric softeners
- Don't apply lotions or body oils before bed
Bleach, body lotions and oils can tarnish the silver thread rendering it non conductive. Fabric softener builds up on the silver and alsoruins its conductive properties.
It is advised to wait one hour to use the product after applying lotion to the skin. Iron using low heat.